Wednesday, January 22, 2014

PC or PoC: Tax Act


I know this is a bit of a plug, but now that we are in tax season, there is one tax site I have personally recommended for over 8 years: TaxAct. It is because the site has been and continues to be Linux-friendly.

I refuse to do my taxes on a Windows machine. Turbo Tax is nice, but when I have to have Internet Explorer just to access their site, it is not going to happen. Besides, despite a few inroads to make the it a little more cross-platform, Turbo Tax is far and away the most expensive software to use. For me, it would cost $74.99. I can e-file my taxes with TaxAct for $0 but I do pay $10 for some of the convenience features.

The Laptop I began using TaxAct on over 8 years ago.
If you can balance a checkbook, read and understand English at a grade-school level, you can file your own taxes. I have been doing it since I was 16. TaxAct makes it possible for me to do since my taxes get more complicated each year.

MR GB

1 comment: