Friday, September 8, 2017

A New Direction

Gigastrand was recently bought out by Next Level Technologies. People ask if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Personally, it is a mixed bag.

On the one hand, I not only get to keep doing what I am doing, but I get the resources to make the the company into everything I imagined. Working with smart people who challenge me is such a wonderful experience as well. 

However, after 12 years of putting my heart and soul into the business, rising to every challenge, I did feel like it was giving up on a dream.

Regardless, good things are ahead of me and it is giving me some things to think about. Like, what should I do with the time I do not have to spend running a business?

Of course some of that time will be spent with my family. Though, I still want a project of some kind. Something I can put effort into personally that might be of use to someone else.

So, in the last few months, I have taken stock of what I have. I enjoy writing and I have this blog that I have been using for co-publishing articles from Gigastrand over the years. Before it was being used for that, it was a fun little blog I did. To me, that seemed like an obvious choice.

I will probably just keep it simple. I have ideas for many stories I could tell that could fill a year of blog posts. I can't promise what the content will look like, but hopefully you will enjoy it.

MR GB

No comments:

Post a Comment