Monday, February 11, 2013

A visit from the ghost of Douglas Adams

I have been a bit under the weather lately and have passed the time by watching old episodes of Doctor Who. Since the new series began, I have been a steadfast fan of the show. Up until then I have only vague memories of my dad watching this creepy show on PBS with this scruffy looking doctor (Tom Baker) running into this blue box.

Netflix has the classic Doctor Who on demand so I started with episode 1 and was soon up to the Tom Baker years. I noticed that one story, "The Pirate Planet", was written by Douglas Adams.

While watching the second episode of the story written by Douglas Adams, my wife came out of the bedroom irritated that her Hairspray DVD wouldn't play on the DVD player. She grabbed another and went back to the room.

During a break in the episodes, I went back to the room and discovered she was watching Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - the book of which was written by - well if you read this blog you probably already figured it out by now.

This is certainly an incredible coincidence but, if we ignore all thought and reason the only thing left is that we were haunted by the ghost of Douglas Adams.

I do hope he comes back.

MR GB

No comments:

Post a Comment