Friday, June 21, 2013

Casual Fridays: The Star Trek Timeline

I have heard many disparagements about the new Star Trek movies. People don't like anything about them. I am trying to figure out why.

I like these movies. Not just because they are well-done but because I am allowed to like these movies. I am allowed to like these movies because I understand the Star Trek timeline is not linear.

This is where I show my true Trekkie here. Do you remember the episode of Voyager where the time cop tried to erase Voyager from history and they ended up back in the 90's only to discover that the time cop landed back in the 60's, had his ship's technology stolen by an entrepreneur and that started the digital age which pushed the eugenics wars into the future? (Future's End; Season 3, Ep. 8&9)

If you don't know what I am talking about you have no right not to like the new Star Trek movies because you are not a true fan. That's right. I went there. Look it up and redeem yourself. 

That one episode allows this reboot to happen. It also allows Enterprise to happen with all of it's new technology without having to explain it away as some sort of "fashion thing". It creates an alternate timeline with way better technology.

Allow me to illustrate this:


Thus, not ruining Star Trek. This is the key to liking the new stuff without upsetting your stomach. Works for me.

MR GB

No comments:

Post a Comment