Friday, September 14, 2012

Top 10 Places to get help with Linux

This list is an expanded version of the one on Gigastrand's support site. I am sure you will see it on that site soon as well. Items here are organized but not in any particular order.

1. This List!
Like a treasure map to knowledge, follow the list and it will lead you to enlightenment.

2. Online help
Click on help.  Sit back with your favorite beverage, and enjoy.

3. Linux Manuals
RTFM.  Many available at your distro's website or local book store.
 
4. www.linuxprinting.org
Great resource for printer problems, drivers and purchasing advice.
 
5. Gigastrand.com
Ok, we're biased.  But we are trying to make finding help a little easier.
A great source of knowledge about everything Linux. I follow them on Twitter and facebook. Heck, just do a search for Linux and follow everything you find! (That's pretty much what I did. Just don't forget Linux4Everyone).
7. Your Distribution's Website
Your distribution has forums and support documents and maybe even a Wiki to help you out.
8. Mr. Gigabytes Blog
Showing my unabashed bias once again.
9. Linux Magazines
Holy cow are there some great publications for Linux out there. Linux Magazine is one of my favorites.

As of right now, not a whole lot of documentation, but it is a good website (even if I do say so myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment